9 April 2013

Losing It by Cora Carmack Review


What they say: LOSING IT, a New Adult Contemporary Romance. Recommended for readers 18 and up. If you like your romance steamy and hilarious, this book is for you!

Virginity. Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

What I say: This book was hilarious and I really enjoyed it! Poor Bliss (strange name, it made my think of strippers) seems to have the worst luck ever! Persuaded by her friend Kelsey, a drunk Bliss decides to go home with the hot English guy she has just met to lose her virginity. Bliss panics, invents a cat and makes a run for it... Garrick the hottie is in fact her new uni teacher!

The plot was sweet and funny, I think we all could have guessed the ending but it fitted the story and worked well. Bliss goes from one disaster to another, aided (or hindered) by her nutty friends. The other characters were great and I really liked her guy best friend Cade. As their relationship becomes strained I felt sorry for both of them as it was an impossible situation. I think most of us have been there with a friend before and in my experience it never ends well. Cade went out of his way to help Bliss and I hope he gets his happy ending in the follow up book Faking It!

Garrick was swoon-worthy and very patient with her many Bliss-isms! As a Brit I kinda prefer American accents on guys but I get how Garrick's posh British accent worked for her. I think there's a lesson about hooking up with random strangers... make sure it's with hot guys called Garrick! Check out Cora's blog for more info on her books!

4 Stars in my Sky!

My fav non-spoliery quotes:
  • He hopped off the bed and knelt beside me, which only made me more flustered considering he was still naked and still, um, ready.
  • I had no one, but Hamlet. Who hated me with the fire of a thousand suns.
  • The look on his face was somewhere between shock and amusement. He was flabbergasted. That was the best word. His flabber had been thoroughly gasted.
  • You can say stop at anytime. His lips pulled wide. You don't need to make up a new pet.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig