24 January 2014

Always and Forever Tour + Review







Always and Forever
by S.P. Cervantes

New Adult Paranormal Romance
Date Published: 11/13/2013





Twin sisters Ava and Hannah were ripped from their peaceful seeming lives into a whirlwind of attacks and war only to learn the real truth about their existence. 
Nothing was as it seemed anymore and may never be again. They had already lost their father in childhood now they have to cope with their mother’s kidnapping as they watch those sworn to protect them risk their lives.




Buy Link:



Author Spotlight: S.P Cervantes lives in Orange County, California with her husband and three children, where she is a teacher. She enjoys spending time with her family, writing, reading, and running, but is always thinking of an idea for her next novel. 

S.P. Cervantes is currently working on a new contemporary romance, while finishing the final novel of the Secrets of Shadow Hill series. 


S.P. Cervantes has a B.S. in Psychology and a Master’s Degree in Cross Cultural Education.





Newsletter Sign Up: http://eepurl.com/LCeOv


What I say (review): Ava & Hannah are twins who discover a HUGE secret (just before graduating high school). This secret turns their quiet world upside down. It turns out the girls come from a longline of powerful wizards and are in danger. Enter the Shadow Hill Wizards to help.

The girls have to leave America and Ava has to leave her dependable boyfriend behind. This actually suits wizard Dalton who has an instant connection with her. I really liked Dalton, he was respectful, dreamy and brooding. He definitely put Ava on a huge pedestal (which I wasn't entirely sure she deserved).

I loved how different the twins were; Ava is serious whilst Hannah is more flighty and although they do fight and face some jealousies, they also support each other. 

I did find the girls and Dalton a little immature at times and their dialogue sometimes lacked flow so they came across a little annoying at times. BUT then I remembered how dramatic teenagers can be and I softened towards them again.

A lot happens in Always and Forever so I had to pay attention to the names and lore. Fans of magic and romance (there is a sort-of love triangle) will enjoy the story - it's a short, fun read.


3.5 fun Stars in my Sky!


Excerpt:


I stood motionless watching her as she lay peacefully, giggling quietly to herself as she dreamed. I noticed for the first time the delicate dimples she had when she smiled. The sun was beginning to set and the air had more of a chill than when we got here. The time had melted away.
My thoughts were quickly interrupted by a loud growling sound. It went from sounding human to a deep, foul terrifying rumble of excitement. I knew instantly that was our enemy. I wondered what form they had taken to capture Ava. The Sabatinos rarely did anything in their human form. They thrived on the fear they instilled in their victims by changing forms.
Ava sat up quickly, ripping her earphones off and threw them an inch from where I was hiding. Her eyes were full of fear.
Suddenly an enormous creature emerged from the clearing charging straight to Ava. My heart raced as I quickly ran from the opposite side of the clearing as fast as I could to get there before the creature had. Although I could run much faster than a mortal, so could this creature if it were truly a member of the Sabatino coven. This was going to make for a much more difficult fight.
The creature was closing in on Ava quickly with evil red eyes fixated on its prey. I wasn’t sure if I could make it in time. Overwhelming fear shot through my entire body. I wasn’t just failing Connor, I was failing our coven.

Ava stood frozen. I started to yell for her to run when she suddenly lifted her shaking arms and yelled at the creature. Right then the creature was frozen in midair and Ava fell to the ground unconscious.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig