19 January 2014

Review: Greed by Fisher Amelie


Greed (The Seven Deadly #2):



Gather ‘round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don’t have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it’s every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I protect what’s mine and I take what’s yours…because that’s what I do. I want.




My story will not endear me to you and, frankly, I could care less if it does because I’m in this for the money and nothing else. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a corrupt, money hungry, immoral asshole from Los Angeles. I’m every man’s worst nightmare and every girl’s fantasy.

I’m Spencer Blackwell…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most coveted guy to the guy no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.




What I say: If you've read book #1 Vain you'll remember Spencer is Sophie's friend. Greed is told from Spencer's POV which I was really excited about; after the events in Vain I felt he definitely warranted his own story.

I have to say I'm totally totally convinced Spencer is all that greedy and he definitely isn't as bad as the blurb makes him sound.Yes he's spoiled and rich but the way he looked after Sophie in Vain made it hard for me to see him as the bad guy. Spencer's faults are more along the lines of not stopping bad things from happening when he could and should have (you'll see what I mean when you read the book).

Unplanned events see Spencer and his sister Bridge hiding out at Cricket's families ranch. Cricket is brilliant! She's witty, snarky and super cute. It made a nice change watching the guy trying to unravel the girls secrets. 

The secondary characters were really good in Greed and I particularly liked Spencer's sister Bridge. I would have like more insights into Ethan and how he felt about everything - although I've heard a rumour he's the focus of the next book Fury.

I enjoyed Greed even if I didn't really view Spencer as the embodiment of greed. Roll on Fury!!!

4 Stars in my Sky!


My fav non-spoilery quotes:

  • "I'm saying that I don't just want to be friendly with you, Cricket. I want all of you. I want to be able to taste your lips whenever I feel like it, feel your skin, wrap my arms around your waist. I want to be with you utterly, and I won't take anything else but your entirety."
  • Girls, another little clue here: Only skanky guys want skanky girls. You'd be surprised what a little bit longer hem can get you in the long run.
  • I acknowledged I could do nothing about it, and the pain was so intense I felt like punching that window through. (I've left out the beginning of this quote as it's spoilery).
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig