7 April 2014

Motorcycle Man Review



Motorcycle Man (Dream Man #4) by Kristen Ashley



What they say: "Get ready to ride."



Tyra Masters has had enough drama to last a lifetime. Now she s back on track and looking forward to her new, quiet life until she meets the man of her dreams. The tattooed, muscled biker plies her with tequila and the best sex of her life. She knows it isn t the tequila and hot sex talking. He s the kind of man she s always wanted. Unfortunately, he s also her new boss.

Kane Tack Allen has a rule: he doesn t employ someone he s slept with. So when he learns he spent last night in bed with his new office manager, he quickly fires Tyra. Yet when Tyra stands up to him and fights for her job, Tack is intrigued. He tells her she can keep her job on one condition: no more sex. Ever. But as things heat up between them, Tack finds that he ll be the one breaking all the rules.


  • First appear on Smashwords in 2012 but as of 2014 Motorcycle Man is available in print - now published by Forever. ISBN: 1455599247 / ISBN13: 9781455599240.


What I say: Continuing on from my recent Biker Valentine and biker book kick, I decided to read Kristen Ashley's Motorcycle Man. I'm not sure how I hadn't already read it but then sometimes this happens. It took a Twitter recommendation from Joanna Wylde (author of the Reapers MC series) for me to find the time to read it. I haven't read the previous three books in Kristen's Dream Man series (my bad, don't worry I'm SO on it) but even though there are common characters the book still worked as a standalone.


Because I hadn't read the other books I wasn't aware of Tack, which in a way was good as it allowed me to meet him without having any preconceived notions (although I get the sense I'm missing out). As the president of Chaos MC, Tack is an all round alpha male. He's king, of what is essentially a man's world. Tack's all kinds of badass and really intense; he is also the king of the potty mouth (but in a good way).


When the story begins Tack and Tyra have, er, already met and she finds herself drawn into the very different world of the biker. I liked Tyra although I did find it difficult at times to separate her from Tara in Sons of Anarchy, but she's defo not Tara and Tack isn't Jax. My favourite parts were when feisty Tyra would make an appearance, because I didn't like the idea of the men having it all their own way. 

Be warned if your don't like smut and sexy times in books then Motorcycle Man is definitely not for you because there is a lot of sex in the book. It's a part of their world and defo part of Tack's character.

A lot happens in Motorcycle Man and it all happens at turbo speed, as is generally the case with MC books. There were a few times when I wanted to shout at Tack for his complete lack of understanding when it came to Tyra's feelings, but I guess as a non-biker it's really difficult to fully grasp this culture and understand their rules. BUT for me this is the joy of a good book, it takes you away from your life and shows your another life.


4 dramatic Stars in my Sky!


My fav non-spoilery quotes:


  • "I'm not going to work in a place where I can't eat donuts."
  • "We've hit the hot guy motherlode."
  • Jealousy is an ugly emotion that makes people do some seriously whacked s**t and when a woman is experiencing it, it's worse.
  • I will not blush, act like an idiot or a shrew. I will be professional [...] Sl*ts wouldn’t blush, act like idiots or shrews. They would just go about their business. Therefore, I am a sl*t and I am proud.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig